Sunday, February 3, 2013

Paranoia: An "Aha!" Moment

I was reading some more "government conspiracy" posts on FB and got wondering about why there is so much hysteria out there about Obama planning to take over the government. Then I remembered the "PATRIOT" Act. Of course!

In the post 9-11 days and weeks where fear drove many people to behave uncharacteristically, including giving up many of their civil liberties, many supported the PATRIOT Act, which gave the Bush White House unprecedented access to our private thoughts and even words. Now Obama's White House has access to that same information.

I guess if I were an uneducated person, I might not have anticipated that the wide-open access I gave a conservative administration would quite likely transfer to a more liberal administration. 

No comments: